CWRS offers manual handling training in Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast and north to Gympie, Maryborough and Bundaberg.
Under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, an employer must ensure they provide safe systems of work, safe use and handling of plant and the provision of any training or instruction that is necessary to protect all persons from risks to their health and safety arising from the performance of work duties. CWRS is able to assist employers to meet their legislative requirements through the provision of manual handling training. The feedback that we receive from customers is that the incident and severity of musculo-skeletal injuries decreases with the provision of annual training, and has proved to be a support against common law claims.
Coastal Work and Rehabilitation Solutions has developed a unique and specific approach to manual handling training to ensure that it reflects your organisation’s individual requirements. The Occupational Therapist will tailor a program to suit the needs of the business within your budget constraints. This may include a preparatory worksite visit to take photographs or a video analysis to implement into the presentation. The photographs can then be used for the development of a manual handling guide that can subsequently be used during workplace safety meetings or toolbox meetings.
WorkSAFE Manual handling training will educate your staff in the correct way to minimise their risk of injury during the performance of work tasks. WorkSAFE training recognises that manual task risk factors and solutions are complicated, and not related to classroom activities such as how to safely lift a box.
- WorkSAFE is a unique training program that reflects your organisation’s specific manual handling requirements
- Integrates the use of video analysis of work tasks
- Photographic demonstrations of site specific activities
- Practical demonstrations on site (where practical this is preferred rather than purely classroom based)
- Duration and class size is based on your organisation’s requirements
Where tasks are predominantly field based and difficult to represent through work simulation in the office/depot, video analysis of “real tasks” as part of the training is very successful. Feedback from participants over the years has always been exceptional with comments such as “best training I have ever been to in 20 years” and “that is the first time I have enjoyed a training like this”.
WorkSAFE Manual Handling and Injury Prevention Objectives
- To understand obligations under the guidelines of the legislation
- To understand the anatomy and function of the spine and shoulder
- To understand the importance of improved postural habits
- To understand safe lifting principles
- How injuries occur and how to prevent them
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Video footage of current work practices within your organisation
- Practical analysis of videos to provide advice on how to safely perform tasks
- To learn the importance of stretching and how to stretch
- Practical demonstration on-site of real work duties